It's me

Some question whether I'm really posting. Steve Ryckman probably remembers that during a conversation we had at the NY Coliseum (before ISC moved to the Javits center) I commented about his company being laid back enough that folks wore jeans to the trade show.

Several folks here posted how nice things are without all the bickering. I'm posting polite, on-topic messages. If anyone starts a new flame fest (some are already starting) don't blame me.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass
Loading thread data ...

Actually... posting *facts* isn't the same as posting *flames*. You seem to confuse these two words. When you post unsubstantiated statements, outright lies and innuendo, those are considered *flames*. The four unresolved complaints at the Better Business Bureau, your criminal record, that you were directly responsible for a young woman's death, that you've taken your personal animosity for others "real life" and tried to get them fired from their jobs... these are all *facts*.

I have no desire to "start" anything here. I do believe that anyone that does come to work for you should be aware of your past though (just as I'm sure you'll insist on being able to verify theirs). Of course having a criminal record isn't as big an issue for you as it would be for someone who's actually working *in the trade*.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Call it what you like. I posted information in response to comments and questions others (including you) had posted during my absence. Your reply was designed to start a fight.

Good. Then try carrying on a discussion the way someone would in a normal face-to-face conversation. You've made a big deal of the FAQ which Steve wrote years ago. ISYR that included in that document were the words, "If you haven't anything nice to say..." (or words to that effect).

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Nice pop-ups on the website, Pinkie. Who's hosting the site now? Angelfire?

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Popups? Jeez Tom when are you gonna dump WebTV?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

The one about "spy-ware" is really annoying. About three windows pop up in rapid succession and if you're not careful you could very easily click on "install" before you even know you did...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Those are created by spyware on your own PC. I now refer you to your earlier promise, to wit:

shut about that too..

Do you plan to keep your word or not?

Reply to
robertlbass

I figured there was no way you'd keep a promise.

Reply to
robertlbass

I wasn't responding to you.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Your site does have popups on the main page. It could be coming from kounter.com's template php page that you've included in your code, or even from liverperson.net's javascript code that you've included as well.

Reply to
Total nerd

Subject: Re: It's me Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => Where's my WEBTV? I'm on a worldwide search for a WEBTV. WEBTV is to the internet what

And AOL is to an ISP as Dr. Seuss is to Shakespeare

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Wrong again. There are no popups on the main page. You can manually activate a "_blank" page by clicking "Move to Cart" or by clicking a product link on the checkout page. But there are no automated pop-ups. LivePerson doesn't do automated popups. Kounter just brings you to their website if you click ion the icon -- no popup.

If you see popups, check your own PC. You've probably got some spyware. Stay away from sites like Shop4Brains.com and you won't get infected again. :^)

Reply to
robertlbass

Bahahah!

Reply to
Matt Ion

i wear swim trunks, and in IE or FireFox the pop ups dont pop :-) PS, in IE with pop up blocker off still no pop ups ... upgrade to XP SP2 at least .. just some javascript tingem ..

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I just connected with IE and got a window for this site

formatting link
Deny it all you want but it's there

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I think you'd better check that out for yourself... They're random but they are there. And there's no "spyware" on either my office computer or the one I use at home.

Reply to
Frank Olson

So you got rid of the pop-ups for gay p*rn sites?

Reply to
robertlbass

Now you see what I mean about the difference between a "flame" (attacking someone with outright lies and innuendo) and a "fact" (posting truthful information that's backed up by verifiable sources)? You want to start down that road again Robert? In the words of Clint Eastwood's "Harry Calahan": "Go ahead! Make my day!"

For your information http//:

formatting link
doesn't use pop-ups, or load spyware at all. This particular site is hosted through Telus' main "server farm" in Burnaby, B. C.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.