Unusual problem. Could it be firewall acting up?

Hi I'm having an unusual problem I'm unsure if it's related to the firewall. Recently I ran into the following problem. When I connect to the Internet, I'm able to surf fine. However if I try to download any type of software like for example, a program for installation, The connection locks and I'm unable to do anything else online. The connection acts like when you block traffic to the Internet. I can go on working on the computer but there is no traffic either coming in or going out. The only way I'm able to fix it is to reboot.

This started happening after updating to Firefox 1.5.0.7 and installing Bitdefender 10. I did not notice anything after updating Firefox so I tend to think it may be related to Bitdefender's firewall. But I checked and re-checked every setting and can't find anything wrong. And it happens suddenly. I've not seen anything even remotely related to this problem anywhere. I've googled, etc and nothing and I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences like the one I'm having.

If anybody has any ideas they would be most welcome.

Reply to
Hephaestus
Loading thread data ...

Eh, there is no problem. You installed a software which is supposed to f*ck up your network connection. Obviously it does so. Works as expected and designed.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

"Hephaestus" wrote

Maybe already tried, but most firewalls have the options to bypass them ( allow all ). If your firewall in bypass mode gives no problems, it must be one of the firewall settings.

Reply to
chris

Bitdefender 10 is reportedly very buggy at present.....You would probably be better off uninstalling it until/if its fixed. me

Reply to
bassbag

As helpful as always I see Sebastian.

Reply to
jason

Reply to
Hephaestus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.