How to Configure Satellite Modem for Firewall (XP SP2)

Hi there,

I have a DirecPC USB Satellite Receiver which I want to work with any firewall. My Dial-Up Modem works fine with a firewall, but the satellite modem is a problem. I have checked with many sources on how to configure it, all without success.

So, anyone out there able to assist here? With XP SP2 on the horizon, and after visiting the Windows Update website, and discovering that the modem locks up the system entirely when the firewall is ENabled, I need to know how to set it up to work with a firewall.

Any recommendations would also be appreciated on which firewall might work best with this modem. Just so you know, I have to use my dial-up connection modem to connect to the satellite modem which then gives me my access to internet, mail, etc.

Thanks so much. Hoping for assistance here...

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn Q
Loading thread data ...

THe first thing is to dump your hardware firewall (if that is what you are using), and use a PFW solution, such as Tiny.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.