Strange VPN problem

I have a similar problem . My office has about 10 roaming users who run VPN client 4.6.03 ad 4.6.04. Everybody either lost the connection or experienced a very slow access after 45 - 60 minutes of connection if that access was thru the router ( a 2811 with integrated VPN ) . If they disconnect and re-connect, then it works fine again.

I contacted TAC about 10 days ago and it has been fixed with an interim IOS.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

They called the interim ios software and , if I undertsand correctly, not officially released, sort of "beta version". I think you must contact TAC in order to get it.

Originally, I had two problems at the same time : the VPN problem as decribed, and "IP CEF" that causes the router crash under high load. When I upgraded the IOS to fix the IP CEF problem then it also fixed the VPN problem.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

When I'm connected to my VPN gateway (Cisco 2800 router) with Cisco VPN client after approximately 45 min. to 1 hour of being connected I'm starting to experience extremely slow connection (I'm unable to ping anything on the corporate LAN side, telnet works, but hardly usable). After reconnecting everything is normal again, but the issue repeats after above mentioned time period. This issue occurs whether the vpn connection is idle or there is a traffic flow. My colleague connected from his home to the same VPN gateway and using the same Cisco VPN Client version (4.6.04.0043). reported me that he doesn't experiencing such issues, so I don't believe that this is a VPN gateway problem. That's why I reinstalled the VPN client, but there is no any improvements in this issue.

'debug crypto ipsec' and 'debug crypto isakmp' outputs tells me like the router is unable to contact my client for renewal of SA before SA timer expires. So, I changed my Internet connection and connected to the Internet via dial-up instead via my home DSL router to eliminate firewall issues, but the problem is still here.

The message in a VPN client log shows : "8 17:53:15.646 08/26/05 Sev=Warning/2 IKE/0xE3000099 Immature Navigation Termination due to error (Navigator:195)". It seems to me that this message is logged right at the time when I'm beginning to experience problem about I'm writing.

Anybody had a similar experience? I'm posting here before contacting Cisco TAC since I believe that this easily could be my Windows XP problem...

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Thanks DT...

What IOS version TAC suggests to get rid off this problem? I currently run 12.4(2)T. I could eventually switch to 12.4(2)T1 which is now available.

B.R. I

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Thanks...Then I'll contact TAC...

I
Reply to
Igor Mamuzic

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.