Problem with Cisco PIX firewall

Hi All,

I am wondering if you can help me.

We have a Cisco PIX 515e attached to a cisco router. The firewall is able to ping the internet but no connection from the network. The cisco firewall and router on a 10.10.10.x network. The internal network is 192.168.1.x

I have tried changing routes to route the traffic but this still doesn't work.

Anybody have any ideas on what else I can try.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Reply to
Jase
Loading thread data ...

Maybe posting some part of the config.

Reply to
Smokey

That isn't a lot to go on, but that sounds like a nat problem. (If you were able to get web connections but not able to ping outside, that would point to a different problem.)

Do you have logging to a syslog server configured? If so then try increasing the 'logging trap' level to 6 and then trying a connection, and seeing what messages come out. My hypothesis is that you will see a message about "no translation group".

Reply to
Walter Roberson

I have a document on what I need to change on the firewall to get it working and I haven't got anything on there for nat. The current nat configuration is: nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_outbound_nat0_acl nat (inside) 1 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 0 0

What would need to change on the nat for this to make it work?

If need be I can post some of my config that is relevant.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason

Reply to
Jase

Jason,

You need to do gobal nat and syntax would be global (outside) 1 interface

Reply to
venkatesha.bhat

With the global entry, I am already changing that entry to our external ip address. Should this be set to the ip address of the router or the external ip address that we have been supplied with?

Reply to
Jase

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.