Tiny Personal Firewall Replacement?

Quoting problems? You don't seem to understand plain English. You did not seem to agree with my quoting Leythos saying that there is need for a FAQ:

'If they put half as much energy into building a FAQ that could be posted every month, they might actually be helping people, but they appear to be to stuck on how important they think they are than to spend real time helping real people.'

You only offered the silly reply:

'If you know how to use a usenet archive, then you'll find such explanation in this group.'

'Maybe you want to maintain the FAQ then, "GEO", right?'

To which I quoted yourself saying the same:

' Maybe it's time for a FAQ.'

Your replies go further and further away from the topics of the thread. How about if instead of insults you do reply to the point. If you think that a FAQ is needed and security is your hobby, why don't you write it. But you are saying that a FAQ is needed, and also that it is not needed, that people should just use a search engine of some sort.

Since I have said nothing whatsoever about personal firewalls, I don't see where you last comments fit on with what I have said. Just because you have disagreements on the topic with Leythos have nothing to do with the need (or not) for a FAQ.

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me
Loading thread data ...

Mentioning my name when talking with VB, SB, or the other zealot, will get you nowhere, as I've never been able to get them to provide anything productive either. VB, after being called out, for being unable to provide any real help, other than the "Use Windows Firewall" mantra has KF me, which is fine, as he's just shown that he's unable to understand what his real problem is - his Ego gets in the way of his being able to talk to people that want to understand instead of just blindly following him.

Reply to
Leythos

Yes. And this is getting boring. *PLONK*

VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

LOL, I told you VB would KF you if you mentioned my name to many times. He head is to big to allow anyone that doesn't pay homage to him in his view at the same time :)

Reply to
Leythos

Well, you were right.

Whatever technical knowledge he might have, he does not seems to display much intelligence when trying to answer a simple question.

When I told him that he has the bad habit of replying with one-liners, he replied with a one-liner. Later when I mentioned that he had called himself an expert he denied it, but followed by saying that well, yes, he was one. When presented with the evidence that he was contradicting himself he refused to answer.

Geo

Reply to
"GEO" Me

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.