jetico personal firewall

How does the free version of Jetico personal firewall stack up to the other free ones? I am currently using Kerio 2.1.5 and am considering switching to a different one.

Reply to
badgolferman
Loading thread data ...

There are a couple of Jetico threads here (one VERY long one):

formatting link
Should give you an idea about JPF..

Reply to
Kerodo

Thanks. I installed it shortly after posting and it didn't stay on my machine long. It is very confusing and annoying to train. I decided to try Sygate for a while.

Reply to
badgolferman

I also was using Kerio 2.1.5 when I decided to try Jetico's firewall on my Win 98SE machine. It blew it to hell. I had to recall an earlier image stored on my D: drive to get the machine working.

I finally had to give up Kerio 2.1.5 when I got my XP Pro machine. It caused bad problems.

Make sure you are backed up before trying Jetico. Remember, Jetico is beta.

Reply to
Userbeam Remailer

Although Jetico technically declared it out of beta, many still view it as beta quality since it still has some problems for many people. Jetico also doesn't seem to be adding or changing features that many have asked for several times. Appears that they will wait and add things to a pay-for version sometime in the future.

Reply to
Kerodo

What version are you running? Jetico came out of Beta on 30th Dec 2004 (V1.0.1.47) and is now at V1.0.1.58.

Reply to
Philip K

Why not a simple solution without adding more unstable and exploitable code to your system?

Just stop offering network services to the internet.

formatting link

Reply to
Andreas Rauer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.