I would appreciate a firewall recommendation. I currently have McAfee Security Suite but am very disappointed in the company's lack of technical support.
Here are my specs for the product I desire:
- Windows XP Home Edition, SP 2
- Dial-up line (there is as yet no DSL in my area)
- Want to monitor / block incoming and outgoing
- Rated high in terms of being able to block most intrusion attempts ("leaks")
- Backed by a company that offers good technical support, preferably by email
- Minimal configuration required; product should work well "out of the box"
I suspect that some folks will feel that I am trying to get a free lunch. That is, looking for a quality product that does not require me to do much in the way of configuration. But after perusing various groups and seeing the troubles that some folks have with their personal firewalls, I do not want to find myself in that same position.
Thank you in advance for your help.