Tiny Personal Firewall: which file should be in startup folder?

I recently bought Tiny Personal Firewall for my notebook computer, but am not sure which file (I assume .exe) should have a shortcut in my startup (XP SP2) folder. Whenever I boot, XP tells me TPF is not turned on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve Conover
Loading thread data ...

You don't need it at all. Just use the Windows-Firewall.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

It's been a long time since I used Tiny, but, the way I remember it, you could set Tiny in the configuration to run as a service (be on all the time, even before logon). I think that's what you should look for, not the "startup" folder.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

I use TPF. There is nothing in the startup folder. Sounds like the installation didn't occur properly because TPF sets itself in the registry to start when the machine starts. You should probably uninstall and reinstall. There will probably be a registry entry under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run for TPF to run on startup.

CD

Reply to
Cranky Dude

Tiny should have set itself up properly on install without any need for intervention by yourself. I'd remove it, then try a reinstall. Also, Tiny is probably total overkill for your needs. Be careful if and when you tweak it, as it's very easy to lock yourself out of your system completely and render your PC useless and unstartable.

Reply to
Kerodo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.