Need advice

Hello I need a recomendation. I have a medical practice that has 4 remote offices all with broadband connections. I currently have Linksys routers/gateways in all offices. I want a slightly better product at these offices that will allow vpn connections etc. I have looked at Sonicwall, Symantec etc. Any suggestions?

Reply to
jawdoc
Loading thread data ...

Most Linksys stuff is linux-based with many alternative firmwares available, including some with excellent VPN support.

In any case, Symantec = teh bad!!1

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

What about Netopia stuff...ie Netopia 3347?

Sebastian Gottschalk wrote:

Reply to
jawdoc

Pick anything that's been certified by ICSA Labs and you'll be happy.

Reply to
Leythos

You may wish to investigate Toms Hardware Router Comparison Chart:

formatting link
and individual respective Router Manufacturer Forums:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Repair and Hardware Troubleshooting

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

What does this mean?

Available in 10 node configuration; not upgradeable Concurrent connections: 2,000

formatting link
wrote:

Reply to
jawdoc

Some of the LINKSYS gateay comes with VPN Enabled Use that that is the most secure usning IPSEc and IKE.

CK

jawdoc wrote:

Reply to
CK

You may also wish to investigate the Cisco Small Business Network Designer:

http://64.224.10.185/sbnd/child/1.0/index.asp as well as the Cisco Solutions Designer:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Tools

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

No, he's not "good to go the way he is", as he's not provided any details.

He's not specified what "Linksys" router that he's using, and unless it's a VPN Router it won't do site to site VPN. Most of the Linksys units are not firewalls, they are simple NAT routers only.

He's specifically asked for a device that will allow VPN connections - assuming that he wants something that users can VPN into the device, not VPN through the device, then he's going to need a quality device, not a rinky NAT router.

Almost every device on the ICSA Labs list qualifies for what he wants, under the "certified firewalls" group.

Now, do you have ANYTHING constructive to add?

Reply to
Leythos

your garden.....

Reply to
Boger

He is good to go the way he is . What the hell are you talking about here ????

Reply to
Boger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.