Program access settings with location profile support

Hello,

I'm looking for a desktop-firewall solution which provides program access settings to the Internet based on the current location profile. My problem is that I need different settings on my office lan, private (home) wlan and while abroad using my build-in 3G Internet connection which is much more expansive and paid by the amount of traffic. Especially in this case I like to grant access to the Internet only to a few programs like Firefox, Thunderbird, DNS-Client aso. When I'm at my office much more programs may connect to the Internet or the local network...

The only solution that is able to manage this is Norton Internet Security 2006 - but it's not longer a feature of NIS 2007 ? I don't know why Symantec removed this feature from it's products, but they did it:-(

Now I'm looking for a new program to manage this problem - one may be ZoneAlarm, there you cat override the "Internet Lock" for specified applications, so I can enable the "Internet Lock" every time I setup a connection via 3G (UMTS). Unfortunately I've much trouble with the antivirus and update-features in Zonealarm and the support is not really helpful (by mail and needs about one day for every hint)...

Any idea what program may be the right solution for a multi-homed notebook ???

Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Müller
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.