Problems with ZoneAlarm v. 7.0

I've been using ZoneAlarm (the free version) for over a year with no problems. Last week they released a new free version which I downloaded and installed, and since then when I boot up my laptop, Internet Explorer (and other internet programs) will not connect to the net, at least until I get this message that 'services.exe' wants to access my computer, after which everything will work fine. I've checked the settings in ZoneAlarm for IE, and they seem to be as recommended (access allowed for Trusted and Internet), but still won't connect. I'm running Win2000 Professional for the operating system, IE 6.0, and AVG for virus and spyware protection. Any ideas as to a solution to this? Thanks.

Reply to
Marshall Tessnear
Loading thread data ...

ZoneAlarm Forum

formatting link

Reply to
Kayman

Is that a belief or did you somehow verify that?

Preventing IE from connecting to the net sounds like a nice feature.

access your computer from where?

Replace ZA by a simple packet filter like WIPFW from

formatting link
or (if you don't need to do any local networking) shut down your network services. There are several tools available to help you do so - one is SeconfigXP (works also for W2K).

Consider dumping IE in favor of something better (Firefox, Seamonkey or Opera).

Reply to
Straight Talk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.