Core Force Firewall

This looks very interesting. Anyone tried it yet?

formatting link
"CORE FORCE provides inbound and outbound stateful packet filtering for TCP/IP protocols using a Windows port of OpenBSD's PF firewall, granular file system and registry access control and programs' integrity validation. These capabilities can be configured and enforced system-wide or on a per-application basis for specific programs such as email readers, Web browsers, media players, messaging software, etc."

For 2k and XP.

Ric

Reply to
Ric
Loading thread data ...

Yep, gave it a try here, actually two different releases. It's still very early in the development cycle, I think it's 0.70 or around there. I found it interesting, but still fairly buggy. I also got the impression that it's trying to do way too many things, similar to Tiny. So the complexity of it makes it more prone to bugs and problems also. I'd give them a while to work things out and then maybe try it when it's closer to 1.0. It's one of those things that looks interesting but it's still too early to be usable imo.

Reply to
Kerodo

Thanks. I finally got round to trying it but all I got was: "The wizard was interrupted before CORE FORCE could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again. Click Finish to exit the wizard."

I can't be bothered to look into it so I'll give it a miss for a while.

Ric

Reply to
Ric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.