Is there any Windows port of pf (_not_ Core Force)?

Subject says it all. I know Core Force has it. However, Core Force is bloated in my view, and I don't need all its features. What I want is just to try and use pf under Windows 2000. (I would then compare it with wipfw, a Windows port of ipfw, which I have been trying now.)

Reply to
Maksym Kozub
Loading thread data ...

IIRC the packet filter "CHX-I" is based upon 'pf' as well.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Sebastian Gottschalk =ED=E0=EF=E8=F1=E0=E2:

Thanks Sebastian, I didn't know that, although I heard a lot of good things said about CHX-I.

Is it possible to work with text-based (or 'quasitext', like XML etc.) rules there? I only saw screenshots of CHX-I rule creation form, and I don't know how rules are actually stored there.

One of the reasons I stopped using Kerio 2.1.5 once ago was exactly its way of storing rules in a crippled file, whereby the user is unable to sort them automatically, edit them other than through Kerio's GUI, etc.

-- Maksym Kozub (+380 44)503-8615(tel./fax), (+380

67)466-5174(mob.) Translations Interpreting Editing MK881-UANIC http:// snipped-for-privacy@kozub.in.ua.remove.this
Reply to
maksym.kozub

IIRC one could pass the configuration via command line.

Ah, not because it's totally broken?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Sebastian Gottschalk:

'Totally' is not the right word here IMO. I know all too well of some of Kerio's flaws; still, it was one of the best pieces _in its class_ and _for the particular tasks I had for it_.

Reply to
Maksym Kozub

Eh, no. It was as unusable as all its companions.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.