Forget the password for D-Link DI-614+ router

Hi,

I'm using D-Link DI-614+ router. I forget the password for. Is there any way to recover it?

Thanks, Peng

Reply to
Peng Yu
Loading thread data ...

In article , Peng Yu wrote: :I'm using D-Link DI-614+ router. I forget the password for. Is there :any way to recover it?

You can do a hard reset:

Step 2 Take a paperclip and perform a hard reset. With unit on, use a paperclip and hold down the reset button on the back of the unit for 10 seconds. Release it and the router will recycle, the lights will blink, and then stabilize.

Step 3 After the router stabilizes, open your browser and enter 192.168.0.1 into the address window and hit the Enter key. When the password dialog box appears, enter the username admin and leave the password blank. Click OK.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

What is step 1? If I reset it improperly, will there be any damage to the router?

Peng

Reply to
Peng Yu

In article , Peng Yu top-posted: :What is step 1?

That was an extract about getting PPPoE running, so step 1 was to disable any PPPoE software running on your computer.

:If I reset it improperly, will there be any damage to :the router?

The usual warnings apply -- do not just pull out the power cord on a system that has an off switch, unless the manufacturer says it is okay. Do not pull the plug out by the cord, pull at the plug. And so on -- just the usual way you should treat any electrical device.

The hard reset itself does not take very long, and if something did happen to go wrong with it, you could always do it again. It is not something you should do over and over again, though: the flash proms on most devices are often only good for 1000 or so reprogrammings.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.