Trying to locate CVSM - Anyone know where I can get it?

I have 34 switches, scattered across 6 buildings covering 1 city block.... I was looking for the CVSM to manage the switches remotely, and be able to see the link status visually with having to telnet in.

Does anyone have or know where I can get a copy of the CVSM? (Cisco Visual Switch Manager)

I can't get a SmartNet as the switches are too old...

Thanks In Advance!

(29xx series switches, XL-EN) Arcadia

Reply to
Arcadia
Loading thread data ...

If you just register as a "guest" (no contract) on the cisco site, you then have access to downloading patches. And the tar file contain both the CDSM and the binary image for the switch.

Reply to
JF Mezei

I created an account there, and tried to get the s/w I need. CSM and images both seemed to require a valid login, WITH a smartnet or CCO adavanced login.

I could not get the software or access any images with a 'Guest' login.

IF someone could epload the image or direct me to an alternative location, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!

Arcadia

Reply to
Arcadia

You would need to provide the exact image that you want and/or exact model number of your switch.

Reply to
JF Mezei

Hi Arcadia,

Recommend that you investigate Cisco Catalyst 2900 XL Series Switches

- Troubleshooting Cisco Visual Switch Manager:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi Arcadia,

Just register with Cisco to gain access to Cisco tools and information.

formatting link
Its quick, convenient and most of all "painless."

Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.