Cat5500 RAM

I have a 5505 and a 5509 for my home lab. I'm getting ready to take a

5500 off a friend's hands too and I'm getting ready to pick up a 8540 and 7513. I'm in need of a source of RAM for these guys. I fired up my 5505 w/ the Sup3 NFFC-II (5530-E3) only to find that it only has 32MB of RAM. The most recent CatOS from January requires 64. I have not had any luck identifying part numbers for the relevant upgrade options.

I also haven't been able to figure out what the underlying DRAM modules are. If I knew that they were basic sticks of PC100 I'd run out and buy them. From the looks of them I would say that they are 30- pin SIMMs, something that I have little working knowledge of.

I'm not interested in support for these chassis. I just want to max out the RAM so I can get the final firmware loads running on them for my lab. I'm not looking to break the bank. Any suggestions on where to buy cheap RAM for these units would be much appreciated. Brad, do you sell the relevant RAM?

Thanks J

Reply to
J
Loading thread data ...

Brad, do you sell the relevant RAM?

Thanks J

-------------------------------------

Yes, let Reggie Grant know that you need relevant upgrade option part number quotes for 5505 w/ the Sup3 NFFC-II (5530-E3):

formatting link
Reggie's Profile:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Drake

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.