Worried about this error message

Hello,

I just got a new WIC for a Cisco 1841 router:

Here is the show version:

Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-BROADBAND-M), Version

12.4(12a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3) Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Thu 22-Feb-07 16:13 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) System image file is "flash:c1841-broadband-mz.124-12a.bin"

Cisco 1841 (revision 6.0) with 114688K/16384K bytes of memory.

The WIC I got is for ADSL2+

I am worried because after I do a show diag I get this:

WIC/HWIC Slot 0: Unknown WAN daughter card WIC module not supported/disabled in this slot Hardware Revision : 8.0 Top Assy. Part Number : 800-26247-01 Part Number : 73-9932-06 Board Revision : A0 Deviation Number : 0 Fab Version : 08 PCB Serial Number : FOC1109533M RMA Test History : 00 RMA Number : 0-0-0-0 RMA History : 00 Product (FRU) Number : HWIC-1ADSL Version Identifier : V01 CLEI Code : COUIADECAA EEPROM format version 4

The second and third lines of that dont look very good to me.

Whats the problem here?

Thanks.

P.

Reply to
Pichi_b
Loading thread data ...

You need version 12.4(4)T IOS code or newer to support the HWIC-1ADSL.

You have 12.4(12a) which is NOT the T train required.

(although your romboot version seemed to be, but romboot isn't main IOS).

You need to up the firmware to at least 12.4(4)T.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

OK Doug. I will give that a try and I will get back to the group with a result.

P.

Reply to
lyle.curtz

This did the trick for me. You need to change the IOS to 12.4.(4)T. But I still dont know what the T train is.

Thanks again

Reply to
Pichi_b

T train is the "technology train", which is where the new features get introduced, and where the field bugs get discovered by the customers. Think of the T train as being essentially a beta version -- it's where the new things are happening, but not all of the new things are ready for prime time. If you were running a production environment, you'd really rather not be running T-train: for production environments you want stability. (Production environments can live with bugs provided the bugs are well-behaved -- and in T-train, the bugs aren't certain to be well-behaved yet.)

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.