Has anyone ever heard of 2+? Alguien sabe que es 2+?

Hello,

I live in SPain where the biggest ISP called Telefonica does what it likes and drives IT poeple nuts.

Our company uses Cisco equipment as a standard. Telefonica comes and installs their cheapo routers and when they leave we yank them out and replace them with Cisco equipment.

We had a 8mb ADSL line working fine on a 1841 router with the ADSL WIC. Telefonica, without telling us did a upgrade to 2+ and now I have LINE PROTOCOL DOWN on my router.

This is the best part. My rep at Telefonica cant tell me what 2+ is or what encapuslation it uses or what kind of WIC we need to get. She is investigating as a favor because according to her Telefonica washes thier hands of everything when we stop using the cheapo routers.

Smoking Head,

Pedro

Reply to
PacoPepe
Loading thread data ...

Is it ADSL 2+ (G.992.5) ???

int atm dsl operating mode adsl2+

you may need a newer IOS version to get the firmware that support ADSL2+

see Cisco doc

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Merv,

I think you nailed it.

Many Thanks,

P.

Merv ha escrito:

formatting link

Reply to
PacoPepe

Does anyone know what versions of IOS support G.992.5?

PacoPepe ha escrito:

formatting link

Reply to
PacoPepe

may help if the OP posts the output of

show diag

Reply to
Merv

You also need to to investigate if your WIC supports ADSL 2+

formatting link

Reply to
Drake

OK here is the Show Diag for the HWIC:

WIC/HWIC Slot 0: DSL SAR (ADSL)

Hardware Revision : 2.3 Part Number : 73-4771-09 Board Revision : C0 Deviation Number : 0-0 Fab Version : 05 PCB Serial Number : FOC103548Z6 RMA Test History : 00 RMA Number : 0-0-0-0 RMA History : 00 Product (FRU) Number : WIC-1ADSL= EEPROM format version 4 EEPROM contents (hex):

And here is a Show Version for the Router:

Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-BROADBAND-M), Version

12.4(10a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) Technical Support:
formatting link
(c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Wed 11-Oct-06 17:48 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)T9, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

router-dx uptime is 1 week, 4 days, 13 hours, 21 minutes System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is "flash:c1841-broadband-mz.124-10a.bin"

Cisco 1841 (revision 6.0) with 114688K/16384K bytes of memory. Processor board ID FCZ1044232D

2 FastEthernet interfaces 1 ATM interface DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled. 191K bytes of NVRAM. 31360K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

As far as I can find out, starting with IOS 12.4(4)T the one port HWICs support ADSL2+. T am not sure about the firmware though. Anyone know?

Thanks Again.

Merv ha escrito:

Reply to
PacoPepe

Seems that you have the old "WIC-1ADSL" and not the newer "HWIC-1ADSL" (WIC-1ADSL does not support ADSL2+).

For IOS/firmware requirements take a look at:

formatting link

Reply to
Gerald Krause

Thank you Gerald but what was it exactly in the outout that told you this HWIC was the older one and thus does not support ADSL2+??

Many Thanks

Reply to
PacoPepe

You have: > Product (FRU) Number : WIC-1ADSL= and you should have: HWIC-1ADSL, see the difference!

"PacoPepe" kirjoitti viestissä: snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Make

This line:

I would expect a description of "HWIC-1ADSL=" if it is the newer one.

Reply to
Gerald Krause

Great...that clears it up for me.

In the output it was a little confusing since they refer to the card as a HWIC and then in the Product Number they call it just a WIC.

You have all been of great help.

Gerald Krause ha escrito:

Reply to
PacoPepe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.