WIC 2T

I have a 2621 router with a WIC 2T card. Currently onr port is connected to provider's DSU mux. THe provider hands off 3MB link but when I do a "show int s0/0" it only shows 1.5MB. Do I have to combine both ports to get 3MB?

Reply to
navcole
Loading thread data ...

'show int s0/0' would show *configured* bandwidth on the interface which does not have to be a real bandwidth. That number is used by routing protocols and some QoS mechanisms to determine how fat is your pipe (how desirable is this path) but does not affect real bandwidth on interface.

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

How do I know I'm getting full 3MB from the provider? Does one port in that WIC support 3MB?

Reply to
navcole

By default, one port in WIC-2T supports 2 Mbps max (synchronous), but in some slots, it can support up to 8Mbps:

formatting link

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

With some hardware (sorry don't know about your's) the serial clockrate is shown by the show controllers command.

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.