T1 Problem on 2811 with VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E

Hi all,

I have installed a 2811 router with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E interface in slot

0 Actual is it not possible that the interface comes up
From the provider is it ok

here is the cfg as an example:

=============================== version 12.4

! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! card type t1 0 0 card type t1 0 1 card type t1 0 2 logging buffered 4096 debugging enable secret 5 enable password 7 ! no aaa new-model ! resource policy ! clock timezone est -5 clock summer-time edt recurring no network-clock-participate wic 0 no network-clock-participate wic 1 no network-clock-participate wic 2 ! ! ip cef ! ! no ip domain lookup ip domain name xxxx ip name-server xxxx ip name-server xxxxxxxxxx isdn switch-type primary-net5 ! ! ! controller T1 0/0/0 framing esf linecode b8zs channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 ! controller T1 0/0/1 framing esf linecode b8zs channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24 ! controller T1 0/1/0 framing esf linecode b8zs ! controller T1 0/1/1 framing esf linecode b8zs ! controller T1 0/2/0 framing esf linecode b8zs ! controller T1 0/2/1 framing esf linecode b8zs ! =======================================

any ideas ? what is wrong ?

thanks

Reply to
udo
Loading thread data ...

What is it trying to do? You haven't really told us...

You've posted about half of a config that matters, I've removed all the extra bogus stuff, so we're left with you defining that you have a

2 T1 card and have configured them to use all 24 channels for both.

What do you see? What state are the interfaces in?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hi Doug,

line seems to be ok ... but a 'sh intr ser 0/0/0:0 ' show me line down and also protocol down

the WIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 for T1...

Reply to
udo

And this is a T1 (not an E1, seeing you with a German email address), doing all 24 channels? You've checked on the cableing plugging into it and such? Have you tried reversing the pairs? (ie. swap transmit and receive?) I've had many T1 circuits tested by the telco on their T-BIRD with the pairs swapped on the final jack. They didn't notice on their gear it was wrong.

The config so far is pretty basic, and the norm for many a T1 circuit. Even after this, you *should* get Line up for any T1 circuit no matter what you have configured after that.

Sure, or the config for the Serial0/0/0:0 interface.

Don't worry so much about that, you've already done all that is different for the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 card vs. the WIC-1DSU cards. Sounds like basic T1 troubleshooting after that.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Reply to
seokdong

Hi. I think problem with DSU/CSU setting if you correctly configure R2811. Did you have a loop-back test? (between local router and local DSU/CSU, local router and remote CSU)

Reply to
seokdong

Yes this is a T1 Line, because it's a connection from germany to USA I would like to address all 24 channels As the cable I take a normal straight-through rj-45 cable....this is right ?!?! I don't tried reversing the cable ....

=========================================

interface Serial0/0/0:0 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252 ! interface Serial0/0/1:0 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252 ===========================================

thanks

Reply to
udo

RJ45 cable will be fine as long as it's straight.

Do you know if your telco uses BNC cables (Coax) and maybe a balun to convert it to 120ohm (rj45) ? It could be that their BNC cables are connected wrong to the balun.

Can you post:

show contr t1 0/0/0 show contr t1 0/0/1 show int s0/0/0:0 sh int s0/0/0/1:0

You can test the card by providing a HW loop at the RJ45 interface. The interface should come up (controller without alarm, serial with up down (looped)

Hans

Reply to
Hans

hi hans,

I solved the problem. First: We ordered for connectivity to the states a T1 line from german telecom. but this T1 should be configured on the vwic module as a E1 with 24 timeslots.. you can see this when the 'line code violations' increase... so configur the module like

card type e1 (instead of t1) 0 x

controller e1 0/0/0 (for the first port in slot 0) channel-group 0 time-slots 1-24

serial interface 0/0/0:0 ip x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

e voila...;-)

Hans schrieb:

it to 120ohm

line had 100 Ohm !! So I ask the engineer about this. First he tell me that was normally but after a few minutes he ask ..if I ordered a T1 ?!?! ;-)

that was also ok....thanks hans..

udo

Reply to
udo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.