2811 E1 Interface

we're trying to setup an E1 interface on our cisco 2811 router, the IOS version is Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(3f), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

I've tried running yourname(config)#controller e1 0/0 and get this result ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

or yourname(config)#card type e1 0 1 ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

yourname(config)#

do we have the wrong IOS version? or am i entering the wrong commands

Reply to
paul_tomlin
Loading thread data ...

Why do you think it's a controller? Are you sure it's not a simple serial interface? What model card are you using?

Reply to
Brian V

Reply to
Merv

post the output of

sh ip int brief

sh diag

Reply to
Merv

Try controller e1 0/0/0 (the 2800 series adds a third set of numbers for some reason)

Reply to
Wayne

Paul,

Assuming you do have to configure this card via the controller, here is one I did earlier with C&W using a 2801:

controller E1 0/3/0 framing NO-CRC4 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

interface Serial0/3/0:0 description desc ***** Link to XYZ - cct ref XXXXXXX ***** bandwidth 2048 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252 encapsulation ppp no cdp enable

You will need to check framing etc with the Telco,

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Card model is VWIC2-1MFT-G703

We have tried controller e1 0/0/0 and get this response: colorouterslough(config)#controller e1 0/0/0 ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. colorouterslough(config)#

Using sh ip int brief we get this: Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol FastEthernet0/0 10.50.8.250 YES NVRAM up up FastEthernet0/1 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down colorouterslough#

using sh diag we get this: IC Slot 0: VWIC2-1MFT-G703 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 & G.703 Hardware Revision : 0.0 Top Assy. Part Number : 800-24918-04 Board Revision : C0 Deviation Number : 0 Fab Version : 04 PCB Serial Number : FOC10302TRP RMA Test History : 00 RMA Number : 0-0-0-0 RMA History : 00 Product (FRU) Number : VWIC2-1MFT-G703

Regards

Paul

Darren Green wrote:

Reply to
paul_tomlin

Paul,

Interesting, when I do the same I get the following:

SiteABC#sh ip int brief Interface IP-Address OK? Method Status Protocol FastEthernet0/0 10.1.0.1 YES NVRAM up up FastEthernet0/1 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down ATM0/2/0 unassigned YES NVRAM up up Serial0/3/0:0 192.168.1.1 YES NVRAM up up

Sh diag:

WIC/VIC/HWIC Slot 3: E1 G703 (1 port) Multi-Flex Trunk WAN daughter card Hardware revision 1.0 Board revision E0 Serial number 33577225 Part number 800-06722-02 FRU Part Number VWIC-1MFT-G703=

I am using a similar card but under show ip int brief I see the Serial

0/3/:0 that ties in with the controller. Ignore the ATM0, this router also has an ADSL port.

Have you tried the card in a different post / another card perhaps ?. I am running the IOS Advanced IP Services but I cannot see that making a difference.

Regadrs

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Since the card is a dual personality (T1 or E1) you first need to specify which one you want.

! Exact syntax may vary. card type E1 0/0/0 !

Use the good old ? to help, e.g. 'card type E1 ?' ought to get you help with possible slot #s.

You won't see a controller until you configure the card type and you won't see any serial interfaces until you configure a channel-group under the controller. It's one of those can't run before you walk things.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

The IOS doesn't seem to support the card command !

I have tried it in all the slots as well!

Mart>

Reply to
paul_tomlin

Uzytkownik napisal w wiadomosci news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

To run these features on T1/E1 interfaces, you must install an IP Plus or IP Voice image (minimum) of Cisco IOS Release 12.3(14)T or a later release.

As I see in Your feature set (C2800NM-IPBASE-M) You are running regular IP base software on Your router. You need to upgrade in order to get previously mentioned commands in Your IOS.

formatting link

Regards, Wlodek.

Reply to
Everyman

Thank you all very much for your help, these groups are a great source of help

Regards

Paul

Everyman wrote:

formatting link

Reply to
paul_tomlin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.