Anyone know how to uninstall boingo ?

To use a hot spot at LaGuardia I had to intall Boingo. It starts up at boot from my registry and there was no uninstall intructions or uninstaller loaded with it. It consumes a lot of resoruces and I would like to gracefully uninstal. Email to bongo support goes unanswered. If anyone can walk me through this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Reply to
emc_consulting
Loading thread data ...

• You mean it doesn't have an Add/Remove Programs entry? I'd call them @

formatting link
800-880-4117

I don't have the time right now to install it in a lab (and definately not my main desktop PC) right now to FIND OUT if it has that or what else to do. If they really don't have an uninstall... you ought to be able to find others with the same problem via a search engine search, such as on google.com.

• I cannot find anything in their
    formatting link
    support pages, including FAQ, that tells how to uninstall their software. Does it have a HELP option in the software that might tell you how to do that?
Reply to
Alan Spicer

I remember a Boingo uninstall, right in the program folder with the executable. start-programs-boingo, or maybe c:\\program files\\boingo

If not, did you look at start-control panel-add/remove programs?

The boingo.com support page says: "To speak to a Boingo Customer Service Representative, call 800-880-4117. Boingo Customer Care is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year."

Whether it consumes excessive resources is a different question. I don't think that it did, but I did turn off the automatic load at boot time. I just didn't need it unless I was traveling. I can't remember if I did that via config, or via regedit. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run

Reply to
dold

emc_consulting hath wroth:

I prefer to run people through it instead of walking.

I recently removed Boingo from a customers machine. It most certainly had a uninstall script run by the Windoze Add/Remove Software control panel application. Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software -> Boingo If it's not there, then something went wrong during the install. It may be easier to reinstall Boingo, reboot, and then use Add/Remove to remove it.

There may be an uninstall script sitting in: c:\\program files\\boingo\\ called "uninstall" or "unwise".

You can prevent it from starting on boot using "msconfig" or with an application such as Startup Inspector for Windoze:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.