[telecom] To Extend a Device's Battery Life, Get to Know It Better

To Extend a Device's Battery Life, Get to Know It Better

By KIT EATON December 12, 2012

As you jet off on a winter vacation or a holiday season trip to see family, chances are you'll face a 21st-century problem: mobile device battery angst. It's a never-ending itch at the back of your thoughts. Though we all love to use our smartphones to stave off boredom, or to navigate a new city, every moment of use eats precious battery time. And, particularly during a journey, you never know when you will find power next.

Thanks to my job, I experience more battery angst than most people, so I have tried some battery life apps. You may too. But unlike other types of apps, you need to be wary with these.

Apple's tight control of iOS means battery apps on the App Store, even popular ones like Battery Life Pro All-in-One (free on iTunes), cannot automatically control an iPhone or iPad's real-time battery consumption. This is because of Apple's own systems for protecting battery life and app security. That said, there are some supposed best practices you can follow to keep your iDevice's battery healthy. And there are ways you can manually adjust your phone.

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.