router dhcp, two ethernet and firewall

I've got a cisco that has a full T1 wic, 2811, the router is doing dhcp on ethernet0, ethernet1 is not in use yet. When it does start being used it will run to another building where I just got done burying the cable today, it will connect to an SMC7008 router/firewall. I've not brought up a dual ethernet router before so I have some questions :-)

1. Will the router try to DHCP to the second ethernet interface ? I want the SMC to to do the DHCP to that side of the network. This whole thing is shared between to organizations, organization A is on ethernet0 and organization B I want on ethernet1, No,they don't need to 'see' each other.

1. I plan on upgrading the IOS to the security bundle version, it currently has the base one in it w/o all the firewall features so I am currently working with acl's. The acl's are all applied to ethernet0 so I think I will need to apply them to ethernet1 as well OR would it be better to write another set of ACL's and apply them to ethernet1 so that as the organizations needs change I can do the two interfaces seperatly. I think I just answered my own question.

2. Cisco used to have a bunch of configuration examples, cookbooks if I remember the term they used which had some pretty good examples, what happened to those pages. Were they too informative :-)

1. My assigned block of public IP's is I think 25 addresses, will I need to subnet my subnet on the second interface, ethernet1. I spent a few hours on the cisco site looking for examples of configuring two ethernet interfaces on a T1 2811 and came up nada. Comment and suggestions.

Reply to
Rich Pierson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.