1600 router and ISP DHCP

I have a 1600 router that I am using to get familiar with Cisco IOS.

I'd like to configure it to get a WAN IP address through Ethernet0 via DHCP, and use Ethernet1 as the local port and have the router assign clients IP via DHCP as well.

I looked at the Cisco Cookbook and used their examples, but it didn't work.

Anyone have thoughts, ideas, or care to post the commands to accomplish this?

CJ

Reply to
CJ
Loading thread data ...

Here is my current configuration just to get things started.

I am receiving an IP address on Ethernet0 from my ISP and the client side is getting IP info from the router via DHCP and when I execute the show ip dhcp import command it shows the DNS numbers coming in. Also the DNS prefix is listed on the client when I issue ipconfig. But no traffic is being passed. So here is the configuration...hope someone can help. ============================= Current configuration : 631 bytes ! version 12.2 service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname Router ! logging queue-limit 100 ! ip subnet-zero ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.50.1 10.10.50.99 ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.50.200 10.10.50.255 ! ip dhcp pool LAN import all network 10.10.50.0 255.255.255.0 default-router 10.10.50.1 ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0 ip address dhcp ip nat outside ! interface Ethernet1 ip address 10.10.50.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside ! interface Serial0 no ip address shutdown ! ip classless no ip http server ! ! ! line con 0 line vty 0 4 ! end

Router# ==========================

Reply to
CJ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.