DHCP Server on 2600 router

HELPPPP!!!!!1

I am trying to configure DHCP on a 2611 to issue addresses to the LAN on ethernet 0/0 but can not seem to get it to work.

Below is my conf if anyone can help it would be great.

Thanks

ROUTER#sh conf Using 1044 out of 29688 bytes ! version 12.2 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime service password-encryption ! hostname ROUTER ! logging queue-limit 100 enable secret 5 ! ip subnet-zero ! ! no ip domain-lookup no ip dhcp conflict logging ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 ! ip dhcp pool 1 network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 default-router 192.168.1.1 domain-name QoS dns-server 192.168.1.1 lease 3 ! ip dhcp-server 192.168.1.1 call rsvp-sync ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! interface Ethernet0/0 description connected to EthernetLAN ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 half-duplex ! interface Serial0/0 no ip address shutdown ! interface Ethernet0/1 no ip address shutdown half-duplex ! router rip version 2 network 192.168.1.0 no auto-summary ! ip classless ip http server ! ! snmp-server community public RO snmp-server enable traps tty ! dial-peer cor custom ! ! ! ! line con 0 exec-timeout 0 0 password 7 login line aux 0 line vty 0 4 password 7 login ! end

Reply to
Robin Ford
Loading thread data ...

What part of the process is not working? Did you use a sniffer to see what was actually happening?

I see that you have the router configured as the DNS server. I doubt that the router is configured as a DNS server. Could it be that your hosts are getting IP addresses but are not able to do DNS resolution because the DNS address is wrong?

Reply to
Brad

Did you turn on the DHCP server with : service dhcp ?? Also the domain-name could be a little confusing.What happens if you want to start using QoS?If it is for testing purposes I recommend something e.g. : testlan.com. The remark Brad made about the DNS server is something to keep in mind. Without DNS,you can ping based on IP addresses but not on names. To troubleshoot did you checked the clients if they are set to DHCP? Do they have a IP address and if so who provided them with this?

Groet, DB

Reply to
DB

type the command router(config)#service dhcp

to start the dhcp server

Reply to
polleke

So:

1) I have started service dhcp 2) I have removed the router as DNS 3) I have changed the domain from QoS to testlab.com 4) I coped current to start up

ROUTER(config)#service dhcp ROUTER(config)#ip dhcp pool 1 ROUTER(dhcp-config)#no domain-name QoS ROUTER(dhcp-config)#no dns-server 192.168.1.1 ROUTER(dhcp-config)#domain-name testlab.com ROUTER(dhcp-config)#^Z ROUTER#

00:07:04: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console ROUTER#copy running-config startup-config

initial this didn't work - however after a reeboot i am now getting an IP address so thanks.

Reply to
Robin Ford

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.