T1/ethernet translation

I have a 7206 with channelized DS3. I'd like to forward some of the T1 channels to another cisco router, which has no T1 interfaces. The T1s carry IP, but they may use private addresses that conflict with the routing table in my 7206.

I can use the C7206 as frame-relay switch, and forward FR frames received via T1 to another Cisco inside GRE over ethernet; but is there a way for that second cisco to terminate the FR-in-GRE tunnels as layer-3 interfaces?

Alternatively, are there any other vendors' boxes that will do (for example) T1 to ethernet translation, either for a single T1 or for a single channelized DS3?

Reply to
Harv
Loading thread data ...

I can't answer the question however -

Have you considered NAT?

formatting link
Be aware that NAT can translate IP addresses in the DATA portion of packets. e.g. DNS, ftp (I think).

Usually it does exactly what you want:-)

Reply to
anybody43

This may help

formatting link
and have a look at google.

Lothar Hofmann

Lothar Hofmann Mail: snipped-for-privacy@uni-siegen.de Universitaet Siegen ZIMT Zentrum fuer Informations- und Medientechnologie Hoelderlinstr. 3 Phone: +49 271 740 4760 D - 57068 Siegen Fax: +49 271 740 2523

Reply to
Lothar Hofmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.