rommon mode won't respond to keystrokes

I get the error message below and I am trying to give the command 'confreg' and the router won't respond to any keystrokes. I have tried to send the ctrl-break during boot and nothing.

Is there another method?

Thanks

BW

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc. C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

device does not contain a valid magic number boot: cannot open "flash:" boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 2002 by cisco Systems, Inc. C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

rommon 1 >

Reply to
bw0507
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate Cisco ROMmon Recovery Procedures:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Engineers

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks Brad but I have been through these.

All of these methods that the router responds to keystrokes which this one doesn't...

Reply to
BW

Thanks Brad but I have been through these docs.

As I eluded to in my original post, these presume that the router responds to commmands entered, which this one doesn't...any other thoughts?

Reply to
BW

I've experienced similar difficulties using Windows Hyperterm. If that's what your using, try a different term. emulator. HTH, David

Reply to
dmcknigh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.