2610xm issue :/

Hi guys after loading a new IOS onto my 2610xm this is the message I got. the ios before did not work properly i guess and it kept saying nvram cannot write and that type of stuff. I figured if i instal a new ios it would fix the problem but even afterwards i get this message

00:04:43: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by console.environment write to NVRAM failed

System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ... using default values C2600 platform with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

if anyone has any ideas I would apprecaite it. thanks

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

I can't remember is nvram is a separate partition or is just a synonym for flash memory on the 2600. If it is a separate partition it is probably corrupted and you need to format it. Try "format nvram". If it isn't, it could be that there wasn't enough flash memory to save the config and it got corrupted. Check to see how much free space you have left on the flash. If you have less than 5k, try deleting files you no longer need. Also try deleting the file "startup-config" and reboot.

Reply to
Thrill5

If you determine that free space was a contributing factor, you may want to compress the config file.

e.g.: I'm using "service compress-config" on one of our 1700 series routers.

Best Regards, News Reader

Reply to
News Reader

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.