no SSID broadcast and web GUI shows interface Disabled

This is my first 871W, I've done other Cisco wireless APs without issues, but I must be missing something. I tried it from the CLI and then the GUI but the wireless interface just won't come up. A sho int shows the interface status as "reset", the GUI shows the interface as disabled. Below are the applicable portions of the config, someone please tell me what an idiot I am and what I missed. I did try a basic "no shutdown".

dot11 ssid KP-AHP authentication open guest-mode mbssid guest-mode wpa-psk ascii 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx !

! interface FastEthernet0 ! interface FastEthernet1 ! interface FastEthernet2 ! interface FastEthernet3 ! interface FastEthernet4 description OUTSIDE ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet4 no ip redirects no ip unreachables no ip proxy-arp ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly zone-member security out-zone ip route-cache flow duplex auto speed auto ! interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address ! ssid KP-AHP ! mbssid speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0

48.0 54.0 station-role root access-point bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source no bridge-group 1 source-learning no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
Reply to
RC
Loading thread data ...

This is the usual way to do a home router - bridging the radio and the internal LAN.

!
Reply to
bod43

If you're doing WPA-PSK, you need to add crypto (encryption mode cipers) to the radio int.

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.