Cisco AP1200 no clients association

Hi.. hoping someone can assist..

We have a few Cisco AP1200's that doesn't seem to be accepting any connection from the clients.

Here's what I've discovered so far..

- event logs doesn't show any info or errors

- I can't see the AP in netstumbler

- running Radio Carrier Busy Test, it's showing 100% for all freq.

I've tried to reset the ap to factory default - still using VXWorks but the default Tsunami SSID or anyting is not showing up in netstumbler.

I've upgraded to the latest version of IOS - same results - no results

-> no clients connect, no error or any info on event log (except once in awhile there is a radio down/reset/up). Only difference is Carrier busy is not 100% - all freq is in the 60-70% busy.

Eventhough carrier busy is high %, net stumbler is picking up only 1-2 APs using channels 1 or 11. I tried manually setting channel to 6 but still no clients are connecting or netstumbler is not seeing the AP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you..

Reply to
hax3
Loading thread data ...

Check out this Cisco field notice to see if it is applicable to your situation:

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Thanks for the link.. I will try this.. but on the newer IOS AP1200 that is experiencing the same problem, under the Radio-802.11B network interface setting, the "Role in Radio Network" Option is already set to just "Access Point" and not "Access Point (Fallback Radio Shutdown)/(Fallback to Repeater)" and still the same problem.

Reply to
hax3

BG.. that's the very first thing I looked at.. the Radio is "ENABLED". Current status (sw/hw) is "Enabled" and "UP". I tried disabling first and reenabling - same problem. Transmit power is already set to MAX.

Is there a way for me to check if the Radio is working on these APs??

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help..

Reply to
hax3

Can you post your config?

Reply to
Oldrin Maduro

Here's the config.. it's basically a factory default, with DHCP IP, Set SSID and Radio Enabled.

! version 12.3 no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec service password-encryption ! hostname ABCDEFG ! enable secret 5 $1$e5vQ$Zc8xBlJ0ppbFV3NvyfhPn. ! ip subnet-zero ! ! no aaa new-model ! dot11 ssid tsunami authentication open ! ! ! username Cisco password 7 032752180500 ! bridge irb ! ! interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address no ip route-cache ! ssid tsunami ! speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 basic-11.0 station-role root bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source no bridge-group 1 source-learning no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled ! interface FastEthernet0 no ip address no ip route-cache duplex auto speed auto bridge-group 1 no bridge-group 1 source-learning bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled ! interface BVI1 ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet0 no ip route-cache ! ip http server no ip http secure-server ip http help-path

formatting link
! control-plane ! bridge 1 route ip ! ! ! line con 0 transport preferred all transport output all line vty 0 4 login local transport preferred all transport input all transport output all line vty 5 15 login transport preferred all transport input all transport output all ! end

Reply to
hax3

Let's say that you have one AP1200 that's working fine and another that isn't. Let's say that they both have the same model of radio. Let's say that you swap the radios, i.e. take out the radio from the nonworking AP1200 and put it into the working AP1200 and vice versa. Then, if the nonworkingness moves with the radio, I'd say that one of your radios is bad.

Been known to happen.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.