Aironet CB21ag drivers and LEAP Auth failure

Anyone managed CCKM with LEAP with latest driver v2.5 for PC/CB21ag Aironet cards? Regardless if using Windows2000 or WinXP.

With driver v2.1 (and 1.2 also) LEAP authentication works.

Is there a bug id I can search for?

Reply to
Uli Link
Loading thread data ...

Merv schrieb:

No, that's not the issue. I have WZC service disabled. The card does not lose connection, it

*never* passes authentication. There are no credential failures logged in RADIUS logs.

AIR1120B running 12.3(2)JA5 as WDS, CKIP cipher (doesn't matter) The APs are running 12.3(2)JA5 or (4)JA1 (doesn't matter)

It also doesn't if I use Funk Odyssee Server or the IOS embedded RADIUS.

The same setup works flawlessly with driver/supplicant v1.2, v2.0 and v2.1 and PCM352 cards with fw 5.41.

With v2.5 I can WPA authenticate using PEAP if I allow both CCKM and WPA on the ESSID.

Reply to
Uli Link

I would open a case with the Ciso TAC.

Reply to
Merv

I would open a case with the Ciso TAC.

Reply to
Merv

Did you see this in the release notes for the 2.5 drivers:

Access Point Setting for LEAP or EAP-FAST Authentication

Access points must be set for both Network-EAP and open authentication in order to associate to CB21AG and PI21AG client adapters running LEAP with WPA/WPA2/CCKM or EAP-FAST

Reply to
Merv

Merv schrieb:

this is mandatory for all CCX cards. Not specific to the CB21ag or any driver release.

! dot11 ssid a-wlan-network! ! -- for open auth -- authentication open mac-address mac_methods eap eap_methods ! -- for LEAP with Aironet cards -- authentication network-eap eap_methods mac-address mac_methods authentication key-management cckm infrastructure-ssid ! interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address no ip route-cache ! encryption mode ciphers ckip ! broadcast-key change 3600 ! ! ssid a-wlan-network! ! short-slot-time speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 5.5 6.0 9.0 11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0 power local cck 20 power local ofdm 20 power client 50 channel 2412 station-role root fallback shutdown antenna gain 0 world-mode dot11d country DE indoor no cdp enable bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source no bridge-group 1 source-learning no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled !

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.