How to configure 857 to allow Port forwarding to 2 servers on my lan and also Wireless settings

Hi,

I have an 857W want to use it as a Wirelss Access point and also to host a couple of newtork service on non standard ports on my private lan.

I have a non-NAt setup with my provider with a 255.255.255.248 subnet and 5 useable IP addresses.

I have used the latest SDM to configure the basics and standard broadband access works fine. everything from my 192.168.0.x network is NATTED to the router Public Address. Router address is 192.168.0.254

I have a DHCP and DNS server running on 192.168.0.1

I have a mail server and a web server running on different INTRANET machine on non standard ports.

IOS is 12.4.6T advsecurity K9

Does anyone know how I do port forwarding using SDM ?

I have configured a firewall rule from Dialer0 to Vlan1 to allow TCP to pass on the public ip address of the router to a specified port on one of my internal lan servers. But it does not work.

This worked fine on my previous cheap and nasty BT1800HG !

I could simply tell it what the ip address of the internal machine is and what port and protocol. It would then allow access through the firewall to this server and port as if it was the public ip address and port.

As for the wireless, cant make any sense of that. It took me less than

10 mins to configure the 1800HG to allow access secure to wireless clients using my lan DHCP server to control all LAN and WIFI ip addresses and access.

Any help would be appreciated, I have read all teh stuff that came with the router. the documentation is rubbish on teh wireless siide. I suspect it is something to do with default routes or bridging the wirelss interface to the lan interface.

Cheers Spart

Reply to
sparticle
Loading thread data ...

check out config gen tool @

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Hi thanks for this, but I cannot get wireless to work at all. I can get it up and visible but my wireless clients cannot get an IP address or any services. I need both wired and wireless access from this router.

If I use the config tool on the site it seems to configure a bvi1 interface that seems to be taking the place of the wired lan. e.g.

! NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS FOR bridge irb ! !ALL OF THIS IS FINE I CAN GET MY SYSTEM TO CONFIGURE ALL OF THIS interface Dot11Radio0 no ip address ! encryption mode ciphers tkip ! ssid mywirelessnetwork authentication open authentication key-management wpa guest-mode wpa-psk ascii will use wepfornow ! speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 basic-6.0 basic-9.0 basic-11.0 basic-12.0 basic-18.0 basic-24.0 basic-36.0 basic-48.0 basic-54.0 no cdp enable bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source no bridge-group 1 source-learning no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding ! !THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS TO DIVERGE FROM MY RUNNING SYSTEM. MY SYSTEM ASSIGNS vlan1 an address of 192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0 and uses access control list 100 interface Vlan1 no ip address bridge-group 1 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled ! ! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS BUT IT IS USING MY ROUTER IP interface bvi1 ip address 192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0 ip access-group 100 in ip nat inside no ip directed-broadcast exit ! GAP .......... ! !BECAUSE ALL IS SAME AS MY SYSTEM APART FROM THIS COMMAND AT THE END OF !THE ACL BLOCK bridge 1 route ip

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Spart

Reply to
sparticle

AFAIK if you want both the wired and wireless to work the IP address must be on the BVI interface

try removing ip address from vlan 1 and place on bvi 1

remove all access-group commands during initial connectivity testing

if wireless PC cannot conect assign them static IP addresses to see if they can connect

Reply to
Merv

Try

config t int ATM0 dsl operating-mode auto end wri mem

clear counters

sh ip int br

sh ip route

show interface atm 0

show atm interface atm0

show dsl int atm 0

ping

! enable ATM debugs

debug atm errors

debug atm events

debug ppp

! unplug ADSL cable and then reconnect

debug icmp

ping 62.6.197.138

sh int acc

sh ip traffic

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.