New to 837 router

Hi,

I am currently doing a study of a CCNA and have managed to acquire a Cisco 837 router for some practise work on. Anyway, I am doing some investigation before I actually get the router, and wanted to see what the latest software I could install on the device was. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get access to that page (i.e, the upgrade advisor for the Cisco 837 router), so I am wondering, if I can get the device, and get the serial number of the device, would I able to get any sort of access then? The device would be new.

Also, the device would have 64mb of memory, and 12mb of flash. What is the latest version of IOS I could go to? I wouldn't be concerned with VPN or advanced firewall features, I just want to set up basic routing to another device using public IP addresses on a DSL link.

Any suggestions? Thanks. Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Hodgson
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

In order to get access to software updates (other than those publicly available because of security related bugs) you need a support contract on the hardware. For the 800 series a support contract is pretty cheap (in tens of dollars per year). Contact a Cisco partner or reseller in your neighborhood for pricing.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Tamminga

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.