Support contract in the UK

Hi,

I just want to be able to get the latest IOS image onto my router and any other available software (837). What is the easiest/cheapest way in the UK of getting a contract?

Thanks. Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Hodgson
Loading thread data ...

You probably want to get part number CON-SNT-CIS837K or CON-SNT-CIS837S9. The first is if you have the encryption series (837-K9 bundle) [likely for most of the G8 countries], and the second is if you have the security bundle (837-SEC-K9) with the PLUS feature set. It will cost you roughly US60.

Both the 837-K9 and 837-SEC-K9 fall in Cisco "Category 1". If I understand correctly, you should be able to get support as one of CON-SNT-PKG1 or CON-SNT-PKG1-VS. Cisco wasn't able to explain to me what the difference was for the -VS (Virtual Service) series. The -PKG1 part numbering is likely a lot easier to find than the

-CIS837* part numbering. The -CIS837* part number would be considered a "better" part number, but a year ago when I was checking, the -PKG* were still considered quite acceptable.

One thing to watch out when searching for these is that you get the EUMA (European Union Market Area) version of them. There is no part number difference for that. You can buy from any EU vendor... it just happens that the UK has a lot more Cisco dealers online than other EUMA countries do.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.