Cisco 836 with IOS c836-k9o3s8y6-mz.123-11.YZ

Hi All,

I just changed the IOS on my buggy 836 to the one above. After reload the ip ddns option is missing. No idea why, but with the early 12.4T it was available. According to the IOS information even the 12.3 should include this feature.

Any hints ?

TIA, Michael

Reply to
Michael Petereit
Loading thread data ...

Michael Petereit schrieb:

All 12.4 and 12.4T releases. From 12.3T: (8)YA, (8)YG, (11)YK, (11)YS and (14)T have the ddns feature.

I'm glad with 12.4(5b) on the 836

Reply to
Uli Link

Can you not upgrade to the 12.4 mainline? Latest version should be around 12.4.7 (I am using 12.4.7A on this 837).

Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Hodgson

Hi all,

the fact why I tried a different version on my 836 is a strange behaviour. Just ebay sites are incredible slow. All other sites, even those famous for strange name configuration and endless long URLs are not affected. Thus I tried it with the other release. But no luck so far. I think it is because my 836 ist one of the very first with only 48 MB of memory and maybe a problem between the alcatel chipset of the 836 and the Infinion DSLAM unit on the ISP side.

On Monday I 'll get a newer version of 836 with 64 MB. I hope my assumption will be the cause for this strange issue... and the new hardware will solve it.

Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Petereit

Please post the URL for an specific ebay site site that you consider slow and another Internet web site that seems okay to you.

Reply to
Merv

Well, almost all ebay sites are slow. Especially cgi.ebay.de is worse but there is a difference once I choose my.ebay.de. The list of purchased items is listed extremly slow but the heading elements like my username and watched items is average fast. But all ebay.xx domains are affected. If you choose something like

formatting link
- famous for its referring links or
formatting link
- very fast connection toward the german internet everything is ok. My other buggy router is a netgear. Beside the fast it send me logfiles dated from 31.13.2036 everything else is fast even ebay.whatever.

Regards, Michael

Reply to
Michael Petereit

Just a recent update: The problem wasn't the mtu or anything related to it.... The option ip inspect name blabla http was the issue.... Took more than 3 month to fix it and a second 836, what a pitty....

Regards, Michael

Reply to
Michael Petereit

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.