IOS on an 837 DSL router ...

Hi,

My understanding is that there have been a number of upgrades to the base memory of the Cisco 837 DSL router. Started off with 32mb, then

48 and the latest revision of 64. To these you can add a maximum of 16mb (to give 48, 64 and 80 respectively).

I also understand that the latest versions of 12.3 and any 12.4 versions of the IOS require 64mb of ram to run. So presumably the 32mb model with the 16mb added (for a total of 48) cannot run these? Is that an absolute? Will it simply see the memory amount and refuse to run or try to run until it's out of memory? Will it always use 64mb or will that vary depending on what config you have setup?

I'm wanting to update the IOS but am uncertain of the outcome. The actual size of the image isn't that much larger than the versions that run in 48mb so I figured I may be able to scrape through ... or, I could be completely wrong in my assumptions ... :)

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.