Locked Out

Hello,

I am in trouble. I have a Cisco 877:

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version

12.4(6)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Technical Support:
formatting link
(c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Thu 23-Feb-06 04:00 by ccai Image text-base: 0x8002008C, data-base: 0x816320B8

Here is my problem. The unit comes with username cisco password cisco. This user was deleted and the config was saved. We lost power in the closet shortly after that. Now I cant get into the router. I keep getting prompted for a user and there is none. Also I tried doing a normal password recovery on the unit and NO GO. Is there somekind of feature I am dealing with?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Tina

Reply to
Tirenque
Loading thread data ...

You should have replaced the cisco username with another. The routers by default now all come with a config that require a username. If you go and delete all usernames, then you'll be locked out.

You'll have to do password recovery, (ie. google for that phrase, but I see its falling pretty deep off the list now. Here's the direct tech page.

formatting link
The 827/837 router is close enough for your needs.

Make sure to do your 'conf mem' at the end to bring back your current config, and then configure an admin username.

You can turnoff the username/password prompt to go back to the the old way of just password, but the whole thing is going to username/password, so you might as well go with it, and use username/password.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

OK Doug,

Thanks for your reply

I had learned that to do a password recovery you need to do a Control+Break after the image decompresses but I that would not give me the Rommon prompt. I needed to reboot the router several times and do Control+Break at different times during the bootup to discover it was imediately after the router gets power that I needed to do the Control+Break.

I was then able to reconfigure a user and be on my way again.

Thanks,

Tina

Doug McIntyre ha escrito:

Reply to
Tirenque

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.