IOS-Update on Cisco 805 with 4 MB Flash

Hello, I have the following Problem. I have an Cisco 805 with only 4 MB Flash. I need to update the running IOS.

First I made the following:

1) delete flash:/cisco-ver-ios.bin 2) squeeze flash 3) delete flash 4) copy tftp flash

Now the problem is, that the "old" IOS isn=B4t really deleted and because of the small flash I can=B4t get the new one on the machine. (there=B4s no space left on device).

Is there anyway to get the new IOS to the router without an direct serial connection? My favorite way is to get the image over tftp on the router. Is this possible???

Thanks for your help.

Marty

Reply to
Marty
Loading thread data ...

Marty,

I prefer to actually FORMAT the Flash before installing a new IOS. I know it's seems to be more risky, but actually if installation fails, it does not matter, if you deleted all files manually or formatted the flash.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

First I made the following:

1) delete flash:/cisco-ver-ios.bin 2) squeeze flash 3) delete flash 4) copy tftp flash

Now the problem is, that the "old" IOS isn´t really deleted and because of the small flash I can´t get the new one on the machine. (there´s no space left on device).

Is there anyway to get the new IOS to the router without an direct serial connection? My favorite way is to get the image over tftp on the router. Is this possible???

Thanks for your help.

Marty

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Hello again,

on the Cisco 805 there is no format flash command. Only squeeze and erase are possible.

Marty

Reply to
Marty

What is the size of the file that you're trying to load on the flash?

Reply to
braydonsdad

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.