836: Problem with "boot system flash..."?

Hello,

I have a problem with my Cisco 836 (with 48MB RAM): if I use the command "boot system flash xxx.bin" in my configuration (the image xxx.bin is saved in the flash memory!) the router stops booting with an error message like "image too large for available memory" (the image is for 48MB RAM!). Booting from TFTP (with the same image) or without this configuration line makes no problems! I don't understand this...???

BTW: My 836 has 48MB RAM (with a 16MB Modul). Is it possible to upgrade the memory to 64MB? The newer IOS-images need 64 MB of RAM and I can't find

32MB modules...
Reply to
Carsten Schneider
Loading thread data ...

Carsten Schneider schrieb:

Are you booting the same config both from tftp and flash? It is not only the size of the image itself.

! memory-size iomem 10 !

or VPN configuration eats up some memory, not allocated in a default config.

Reply to
Uli Link

Uli Link wrote in news:425f8075$0$7528$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.arcor-online.net:

Yes it's the same image (without VPN). Any why can I boot without this line in configuration... It seems, that the router tries to load the image twice??!! I tested the same configuration (and the same image) on a second 836: there is no problem with the command "boot system flash..". Could be a problem of the boot loader???

Gruß, Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Schneider

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.