AP1200 ios upgrade fail (urgent)

Hi,

Can anyone help me to solve ap1200 ios upgrade program

I have a Ap1200 which is running IOS 12.2.13 before. I tried to upload the latest IOS but via CLI. it's failed to complete and it deleted the existing ios as well. However I tried to upload the ios via TFTP. but it return following error and did not finish it. Can anyone help me how to fix it ?

(ap1200)archive download-sw tftp://x.x.x.x/c1200xxxxx

failed to open the archive file (not exactly wording)

Based on sh ver, my AP is running IOS, there's no need to convert the ios. If I reboot the device now but flash does not contain IOS, how can I restore the IOS ?

Thanks,

Reply to
yepp
Loading thread data ...

yepp schrieb:

archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite url

The IOS of the AP1100/AP1200 is in tar format. Have you downloaded the tar in binary mode and verified it's checksum?

Don't reboot without an IOS in flash, or you'll need console access for tftp download from the IOS bootloader.

Reply to
Uli Link

Uli Link =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

The archive file is downloaded in binary mode and I'm able to see the archive file content. the download progress could start perfectly in the beginning, however, the error message appeared when it reached

70-80%. Do you think the problem is related to the IOS itself ?

Pls also advise how to download the image from the IOS bootloader - Thanks

Reply to
yepp

yepp schrieb:

It's described in the docs: "

formatting link
"

Reply to
Uli Link

Hi,

can anyone help me how to upload the image file properly ? When I opened the image file .tar, I could see some img, html, gif files as well as c1200-k9w7-mx.... is this archive correct ?

thanks,

Reply to
yepp

Hi,

can anyone help me how to upload the image file properly ? When I opened the image file .tar, I could see some img, html, gif files as well as c1200-k9w7-mx.... is this archive correct ?

thanks,

Reply to
yepp

Depends upon the actual state of your AP.

If IOS is up and running and you can ping your tftp server:

"archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp://10.10.2.2/c1200/c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.XR2.tar"

if your tftp server listens on 10.10.2.2 and the tar resides in the directory /c1200 of the tftp root and 12.2(15)XR2 image.

You'll need the /overwrite parameter because there isn't enough room in flash to hold 2 versions in parallel. When you told the upgrade ran till 80% my first guess was: flash is full.

You can do an "erase flash:" and then a "copy running-config startup-config" before the tftp download. If your tftp server is broken, you can download the tar from a http server too.

If there is no valid IOS image in flash, you'll need to set some variables in ROMMON. This rescue procedure is described step-by-step in the 1200 Configuration Guide. Don't know by heart, did this once or twice more than a year ago and dont't want to reboot one of my APs ;-).

Reply to
Uli Link

After I setup another tftp server, it works.

Thanks, Uli Link =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Reply to
yepp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.