PIX Local director.

I just picked up a cheap PIX Localdirector (the PC based one). It has

2 ethernet cards, and one db9 serial on teh back for console access.

When I try to access it via minicom I get this:

Welcome to minicom 2.1

OPTIONS: History Buffer, F-key Macros, Search History Buffer, I18n Compiled on Sep 4 2006, 11:18:23.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

PIX Bios V2.7

Booting Floppy

Loading from Flash

128MB RAM Flash=AT29C040A @ 0x300 mcwa i82557 Ethernet at irq 10 MAC: 00a0.c9ab.8917 mcwa i82557 Ethernet at irq 9 MAC: 00a0.c9ab.891b AMCC Chip Address: fe80 Indirect Address Register: fcc0 Indirect Data Register: fd80 IRQ: 10

----------------------------------------------------------------------- || || || || |||| |||| ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. c i s c o S y s t e m s Private Internet eXchange

----------------------------------------------------------------------- PIX Firewall

PIX Version 4.4(9) Licensed Connections: 128

****************************** Warning ******************************* An encryption device has been discovered.

This product is not authorized for use by persons located outside the United States and Canada that do not have export license authority from Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or the U.S. Government. This product may not be exported outside the U.S. and Canada either by physical or electronic means without the prior written approval of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or the U.S. Government. Persons outside the U.S. and Canada may not reexport, resell, or transfer this product by either physical or electronic means without prior written approval of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or U.S. Government. ******************************* Warning

Copyright (c) 1996-2000 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Restricted Rights Legend

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph (c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

Cisco Systems, Inc. 170 West Tasman Drive San Jose, California 95134-1706

Cryptochecksum(changed): d41d8cd9 8f00b204 e9800998 ecf8427e Type help or '?' for a list of available commands. pixfirewall>

and then it just freezes, no input is taken. My port setting is the same for my switch here 9600 8N1 no flow control

Is this thing dead, anyone have any suggestions? I am using the blue rolled cable, and the two rj45-db9 adaptors on each end.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to
turnip
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.