Etherswitch NME-16ES-1G - Locked out of console and telnet "no password set"

Accidentally loaded the wrong config file on an Etherswitch NME-16ES-1G etherswitch module that doesn't utilize proper AAA configuration and I'm now locked out. The console access responds with the banner and no username or password prompt and ultimately "authentication failed".

On a router this is easy recovery, boot with confreg 0x2142 and load the running config from start and make the updates. The problem here is that I can't get to the Etherswitch module console or in via telnet (no password set when trying to "Enable" via telnet)

I desparately need to get into this thing, is there a factory reset to default option somewhere ? Or , how do I load the module without a config file?

Reply to
philbo30
Loading thread data ...

Search cisco for password recovery or factory reset. There are usually break sequences you can issue upon switch reboot that will help solve your situation. May want to include your chassis in the search, or module/code if that doesn't work.

Reply to
Trendkill

Issue resolved; the aaa new-model on the 3845 was causing the problem; with that temporarily removed, no problem getting to the console of etherswitch module.

Reply to
philbo30

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.