Locked out of switch

Due to the problem I had on my switches (2950s) recently I decided to wipe them both & start afresh, this worked fine with SWITCH1, but unfortunately after initially configuring SWITCH2 I somehow have locked myself out of both the console login & the vty login. At both prompts I am asked for a username, but whatever I type in I get the message:

% Login invalid

I am sure I set everything up as previously, but even allowing for spelling mistakes and capitals I have tried every possible combination to no avail. Could I have set up to prompt for a username & not set one? Either way, does anyone know how I can reset the switch without access to exec mode?

Any suggestions greatly received, TIA, Jason

Reply to
Jason
Loading thread data ...

Jason wrote in news:Xns9A4FCCC668F44SpamSpamSpamSpanishI@140.99.99.130:

Apologies, I found the reset procedure on Cisco's web site.

Reply to
Jason

You may have found the reset procedure but if you don't know the cause you might get locked out again.

Enabling "aaa new-model"

Will automatically start asking for username and password. If none is configured and no authentication method is configured then you will get locked out.

Reply to
Yandy Ramirez

Yandy Ramirez wrote in news:C3E8B105.96FB% snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

Thanks Yandy.

Reply to
Jason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.