Enabling password on console port

If you're wanting to use a locally configured user name and password, the command should be, "login local." If you're looking to use AAA for authentication, look into the AAA commands on Cisco's website for guidance. (maybe search on aaa new-model). HTH

Robert

Reply to
Robert
Loading thread data ...

Hi

I would like to enable password checking on the console port of may AP1231G access point. I set a password and type login as shown below but get the Incomplete command error :-

myapname(config-line)#login

% Incomplete command.

The command needs extra authentication parameters, but I am not sure what to enter here. I assume it's something to do with the fact that I have RADIUS servers configured for EAP, but I would apppreciate it if anyone could explain to me how how to set up the console port.

Thanks

Ben

Reply to
Ben

If you have aaa new-model configured, you can't use the the exact "login" command on the console. only option you will get is login authentication Cheers, Jeff

Reply to
jefflin.choi

Hi

I am using aaa new-model and when I type :

login authentication default

I get the following message :

AAA: Warning authentication list "default" is not defined for LOGIN.

Could anyone advise me how to set this up?

Thanks

Ben

Reply to
Ben

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.