connecting 3020 blade switch to 6513

I have 2 hp c-Class enclosures..each have 2 cisco 3020s...so 4 total. these 4 switches connect back to 2 6513s. I am trunking between the

3020s and 6513s...however I am seeing something weird. On the 3020s, I am seeing the interfaces as up and on the 6513s I am seeing the interfaces as down. All my uplinks are fiber. The 6513s are running UDLD Aggressive. I've experimented with aggressive, non-agressive and disabled on the 3020s and have had no luck getting any link on the 6513s. I have confirmed the configurations on both both sides are exactly the same. They are also configured in channel-groups. But I have tried remving the channel-groups from the interfaces and they still did not come up on the 6513 side. Anybody ever run into a problem like this or have any suggestions on what I could try to resolve the issue?
Reply to
joebenz
Loading thread data ...

I was able to get the physical link up. I am now having a problem passing traffic. It appreas that the 3020 is not receiving traffic from the 6513.

6513 should be the root bridge for the VLAN, but both devices are showing as root. It appears that there is no communication at layer 2. i am also not seeing the CDP neighbors.

I have tried configuring the links as etherchannel, and removing the etherchannel-leaving just the trunk configured, and also configured the ports as an acess port. all 3 tries gave me the same result.

also, another thing that seemed odd was when I reloaded the 3020 and when it came back up, I had the opposite problem as the first. I saw link up on the 6513 and link down on the 3020. I had to go back on the

6513 and do a 'no speed nonegotiate' then a 'speed nonegotiate' to get the physical link back up.

Any other suggestions?

Reply to
joebenz

Hi

One of my customers is experiencing this same issue connecting the

3020 to either a 6500 or a 4500, with the same symptoms as you are explaining. however, connect it as a trunk to a 2960 over fibre and the trunk comes up, but not over fibre on the chassis based switches, but fine over copper.

Did you find a resolution?

Reply to
d.azzopardi

We found a resolution to the issue......the VLAN databases were corrupt on the 3020, so they were deleted and recreated, and then the issue was resolved.

Reply to
d.azzopardi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.