CDP neighbors mismatch

I am configuring Access switch connected its uplinks to 2 distribution switches. But i see CDP neighbors mismatch. To understand you better the distribution switch is running OSPF with point-to-point network and when i issue SH CDP NEIGH on the ACCESS switch. I See the CDP ip addresses of the connected point-to-point of ospf interfaces which sits on gig 1/0/3 . and the access switch uplinks are connected to gig1/0/4 of 3750 12G distribution switches. It also the showa Vlan is up the protocol is down. and i am not able to ping the cdp ip addresses. Can any body trouble shoot and tell me vat is the problem

Reply to
ramesh
Loading thread data ...

"But i see CDP neighbors mismatch" ---> is this a error in the logs?

Reply to
darrell

CDP works between Layer1 and Layer2 on the OSI layers. It has nothing to do with OSPF. Read your error message carefully - probably it says about "cdp neighbors DUPLEX mismatch". Check more details on the neighbor with "show cdp neigh detail" command on both switches.

Good luck,

Mike

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

But as mentioned i see a mismatch in ip's on the cdp neigh. it is showing me the point to point interface of the switch and also it shows to me as vlan mismatch. now vat do you say..

headsetadapter.com wrote:

Reply to
ramesh

Sorted the problem, it was a trunking mismatch which was creating a problem..Thanks !!!!!!!!!! to some who mentioned it is layer 2 problem where i got the whole clue..

ramesh wrote:

Reply to
ramesh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.