QOS on 837 for SIP

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get some sort of usefull QOS working on my 837 router, so that VoIP traffic is not affected by other traffic on the link. I am connected to a 512/128 ADSL connection.

I have been following the guide at

formatting link

This is what I have so far in my config...

! class-map match-all voice match ip precedence 5 ! ! policy-map LLQ class voice priority 64 class class-default fair-queue policy-map shape class class-default shape average 2250000 service-policy LLQ ! interface Ethernet0 ip address 192.168.2.5 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly hold-queue 100 out ! interface Ethernet2 no ip address shutdown hold-queue 100 out ! interface ATM0 mtu 300 no ip address no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto pvc 8/35 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1 ! interface Dialer1 bandwidth 128 ip address negotiated ip access-group 101 in ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 dialer-group 1 ppp authentication pap callin ppp chap refuse ppp pap sent-username XXX ppp multilink ppp multilink interleave ppp multilink fragment-delay 10 !

I can apply the policy map LLQ to the dialer interface, and see that 'sh policy-map int d1', shows that it is picking up the voice traffic correctly, but the voice quality is terrible if anything else is using the link at the same time.

The reference page says that 'shape average 128000' should be applied under 'policy-map shape'. It lets me enter it without an error, but it doesn't appear there in a 'sh run'

I can apply 'service-policy output shape' to the dialer interface, without an error, but it also won't show up in a 'sh run'

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

Reply to
Brad
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

From what I understand, the Qos you are tying to do in not support in virtuel interfaces: read the note in the URL you are ref. to: CBTS is supported on the Ethernet

1 interface.

Also normally you would specify strict priority as LLQ, but this could varify from IOS image.

Also read the part about the tx transmit ring in the ATM (same URL) HTH Martin

formatting link

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.