Cisco PIX 7.0

Hi there.

I have a setup with a PIX 515 with VPN using this guide from Cisco:

formatting link
After I upgraded the PIX to version 7.0 I now get a prompt for a username and a password wich I did not before I upgraded.

Anyone who knows what the difference is?

Reply to
Martin Kiefer
Loading thread data ...

Hi Martin,

You may wish to investigate Cisco PIX 7.0 Upgrade Documentation:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Martin Kiefer schrieb:

formatting link

Hi Martin,

i think that the upgrade implemented the enhanced authentication in your vpn config, like a security feature. You must configure a user in the local pix database with a little privilege level.

Sample:

username vpnuser password secure privilege 2

Now you can login with this credentials. Please look at the client authentication in your vpn config to verify that the local authentication.

Greetings

Gerd

Reply to
Gerd EMail

"Gerd EMail" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.de...

Thank you, this worked. I was just wondering. Is it possible to use a radius and Windows AD instead of the local database?

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

Yes, you can. You need to activate the IAS (Internet Authentication Service) on a member server and configure RADIUS authentication for your VPN on your PIX. And if your ADS is running in native mode you can also give "VPN priviledges" based on ADS group membership.

formatting link

Regards Roberto

Reply to
Roberto Giana

"Roberto Giana" skrev i en meddelelse news:426131a2$0$313$ snipped-for-privacy@read.news.ch.uu.net...

formatting link
Thank you for the information.

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.